Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 4: The Airport Adventure Continues...


Well, I learned today that in India you have to have a hardcopy of your flight information before security will even let you in the airport.  So I go to the counter to get them to print out my information and the guy goes on break. Yet again, airport workers go on break when I need them.  Eventually the next person provided me with the paper work so I head inside to go to the furthest line and wander through the maze of ribbon to get to the counter and check in. 
Then my group heads to security and I notice something.  The security lines are either male or female and even better there are two lines for women and about twelve for men.  So guess which lines take the longest.  I also didn’t see any sign to take electronics out of my bag which I forgot to do and then had the fun of taking them out and rescanning my bag.  This process seemed to take forever and there were many women complaining because either we all missed the sign or there wasn’t one. Somehow I think that there wasn’t a sign for me to see.
The flight itself was smooth and better still I had the entire row to myself.  As I looked out the window as we approached New Delhi I kept thinking this looks like a desert.  As we left the airport the intense heat smacked me upside the head. Our host teacher Mona, greeted us and we sped off to our bed and breakfast.  
As we lugged our suitcases up the stairs we were greeted by our host Vandana.  She showed us our rooms and how to navigate the perils of electric outlets and the air conditioner.  She also graciously gave us list of places to go and things to see.
We traveled to Gurgaon and did a little bit of shopping.  There were tons and tons of scarves in all fabrics and patterns.  It was wonderful. After a brief shopping interlude we headed back to the bed and breakfast for much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment