Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Traveling: Adventures in the Airport

I basically understand the laws of physics and know why planes fly but I am not sure what physics law that airlines break on long flights when your seat begins to shrink.  My first two flights seat wise were not to bad however by the third flight the seat kept getting smaller and smaller and my legroom decreased from a tiny amount to nothing.  It might be that I fly economy, otherwise know as steerage and I am normally in the very back of the plane.
I even tried begging to go to first class because it was upstairs on the plane and I have always wanted to see what that looks like but no such luck.  Also there is no way on a teachers salary to afford anything other than economy.  The flight crew though was wonderful and very helpful and also shared places to visit while I was in India.

At Dulles Airport I did see something that I had never seen before anywhere, a bathroom for service dogs.  It makes sense they have to go to the bathroom too and they wouldn't have the luxury of using the wonderfully spacious airline bathrooms.  But I cracked up when I saw it.  First the sign and then the  turf covered room complete with a fire hydrant.

After seeing this I started thinking what other strange and entertaining things have other people seen while traveling.  So please share your experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Although not a service animal, my yorkie would love this special areas. She's a 100% house dog who uses a potty pad inside. She would just think "this whole pad, just for me?" and smile.

    I'm glad you are safely in India and hope to read many more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete