Thursday, June 28, 2012

Adventures In India: The Preview

I love going to new places.  The excitement and uncertainty of what could and will happen is thrilling.  My next trip is very different than any trip that I have taken because I am going to India. I will be seeing historic and cultural sites and shopping for sparklies.  But even more interesting for me is that I will be working with students and teachers to learn more about education in India.

For the last few weeks I have been in communication with the group that I am traveling with as well as a teacher from the school.  As soon as I found out which school I was assigned I pulled up the website and shared with my own students.  They were amazed that everything was in English.

I am looking forward to teaching and sharing what I do in my classroom and wondering how much I will bring back to my own teaching (and not just the sparklies!!!).

My latest adventure begins soon and I look forward to sharing it.  But I also would like to know what has been your biggest travel adventure?

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to read about your adventure to India! I was there in June of 2009.

    My biggest adventure was probably spending the summer of 2002 teaching at a small seminary in rural western Kenya. Two and half months and it was a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete